Related residency and internship programs at NCSU CVM:
- Ruminant Health and Reproductive Management Internship
- Ruminant Health Management Residency
- Ruminant Theriogenology Residency
|Library Tips||More Info|
Successful Food Animal candidates have suggested a list of texts, periodicals, and continuing education opportunities that have been found to be useful.
- Veterinary Medicine – Radostits, Blood, Gay
- Large Animal Internal Medicine – Smith
- Current Veterinary Therapy : Food Animal Practice – Howard [also available as online book (5th ed)]
- Diseases of Swine - Leman, Straw, et al
- Diseases of Sheep - Kimberling
- Goat Medicine - Smith and Sherman
- Current Therapy in Theriogenology – Morrow
- Theriogenology (aka Veterinary Obstetrics and Genital Diseases) - Roberts
- Herd Health: Food Animal Production Medicine – Radostits, Leslie & Fetrow
- Compendium on Continuing Education
- Veterinary Clinics of North America: Food Animal Practice
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association
- AABP publications:
- Proceedings: National Mastitis Council
- Veterinary Medicine
Questions on the examination may be taken from sources other than this list.
Search the catalog for additional food animal resources available at NCSU Libraries.