The Elgato video capture device transfers video from a VCR, camcorder, or any other analog video source to a Mac or PC in a format that is ready for iTunes, Windows Media Player library, iPad, and YouTube. This device is conveniently compatible with the VHS, DV, and DVD converters in our Digital Media Lab, and its software is installed on our video editing workstations.
- Available for a 4 hour lending period
- Available on a first come, first served basis from the main service desk
Video Capture Device Lending
- Transfer video from a VCR, DVR, camcorder or any other analog video source to your Mac
- Easy-to-use software guides you through each step, from connecting an analog video source, to capturing video, to choosing to watch and share it
- One-click export to iTunes, QuickTime, iMovie, and YouTube
- Records in iTunes-ready high quality H.264 or MPEG-4 files
- Captures NTSC, PAL and SECAM.
- Features Composite and S-Video inputs which enables you to connect any analog video device to your Mac, and comes with a SCART adapter
More information on the Elgato video capture device can be found here.