Reservations are not required to enjoy the Game Lab. The Lab is open for free play all the hours not reserved by faculty and graduate students for research or curricular activities.
The Game Lab supports the scholarly study of digital games and offers a place to take a break and play for fun. Equipped with multiple video gaming systems and a large (20.3x5 foot) Christie® MicroTile® display, which can be used as a single panorama or divided into multiple sections.
- Christie® MicroTile® video wall, 20.3x5-ft., 16 x 5 tiles, 80 total tiles, 7472w x 1744h pixels
- Interaction: Full-screen touch with up to 40 touches
- Controls: AMX 20" multi-touch control panel, allowing users to select applications, configure content sources, and interact with applications on the wall
- Capable of exchanging data with RF devices and mobile phones
- Laptops and mobile devices for network-enabled applications
- Sound: 5.1 surround sound (5 sound channels + 1 subwoofer)
- Source: 4 modern gaming consoles, 4 legacy gaming consoles, Blu-ray, 4K image
- Application Windows server, Mac Pro 4K, HD video players, AppleTV, Windows desktop
- 2 HDMI inputs for laptop, iPad, etc.
The Game Lab is open for drop-in play during all regular library hours (except when reserved by graduate students or faculty)