Microbiology: Internet Resources
- American Society for Microbiology (http://www.asm.org/)
- Community of Science (COS) (http://www.cos.com/services/) (NCSU only)
- COS Funding Opportunities.
Contains detailed information for more than 20,500 available research grants worldwide. Updated daily.
- Funded Research (via Community of Science).
Search to see what projects have been funded by the NSF, NIH, USDA and other organizations. (Note: This database is for Community of Science members only. Accessible only via one's personal COS Workbench.)
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/)
Use the Entrez Journals database to search for a journal in PubMed (MEDLINE)
and in the other Entrez databases (e.g., Nucleotide, Protein). The database can be searched using the journal title, MEDLINE abbreviation, NLM ID, ISO abbreviation, or ISSN.
- WWW Virtual Library of Cell Biology (http://vlib.org/Science/Cell_Biology/index.shtml)
To find other Web sites, click on Netscape's Search button and use one of the many available search engines. For searching tips and comparisons of the features of various search engines, see
For examples showing how to cite Internet resources, see Citing
Electronic Resources from the Internet Public Library.
Librarian Contact Information