Handbooks, including NC Agricultural Chemicals Manual
Electronic Databases and Print Indexes
Statistics and Data
Internet Gateways and General Guides
Agricultural Markets and Analysis
Full Text Resources
Agricultural Experiment Station and Extension Publications (under construction)
International Statistics and Data
United States Statistics and Data
- National Agricultural Statistics
Service (NASS) (http://www.nass.usda.gov/)
Statistics Data Base (Quick Stats) (http://www.nass.usda.gov/Quick_Stats/)
"Provides access to significant US and State information
and the ability to query by commodity, state(s) and year(s)."
"Some commodities and data items have historical
series back to 1866."
Search for publications or locate by date, commodity, keyword, release day, or title.
- Agricultural Statistics. Issued annually by the
United States Department of Agriculture. Also available (1994-present)
Most current issues:
D. H. Hill Library HD1751 .A43 2012
D. H. Hill Library Ref HD1751 .A43 2012
- Hunt Library bookBot HD1751 .A43 2012
Vet Med Library Ref HD1751 .A43 2012
Chemical Use Database (http://www.pestmanagement.info/nass/)
- Census of Agriculture (http://www.agcensus.usda.gov/). Quick links to "Recent Census Years" are available on this page.
Historical Census information from 1840 through the 2000's is available at http://www.agcensus.usda.gov/Publications/Historical_Publications/.
- USDA Economics,
Statistics, and Market Information System (http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/MannUsda/)
"The system contains nearly 2500 reports and datasets. These materials cover U.S. and international agriculture and related topics. Available titles include both current and historical data."
"This full-text file presents the annual summary
of indexes of prices received and paid by farmers;
prices received for farm commodities by states and
prices paid for production items by region and the
U.S., past year and earlier years."
"These files contain prices received by farmers
for principal crops, livestock and livestock products;
indexes of prices received by farmers; feed price
ratios; indexes of prices paid by farmers; and parity
- Outlook for U.S. Agricultural Trade(http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/MannUsda/viewDocumentInfo.do?documentID=1196)
"Offers the latest value and volume of U.S. agricultural exports, by commodity and region, as well as the agricultural trade balance and the import and export outlook."
- Economic Research Service,
United States Department of Agriculture (ERS) (http://www.ers.usda.gov/)
- U.S. Agricultural Trade Data Update (http://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/foreign-agricultural-trade-of-the-united-states-(fatus)/us-agricultural-trade-data-update.aspx)
Includes tables of U.S. agricultural exports and imports, updated monthly.
- USDA Foreign Agricultural Service's Global Agricultural Trade System (GATS) (http://www.fas.usda.gov/gats/)
GATS includes current U.S. international agricultural, fish, forest and textile products trade statistics by month, dating from 1989 to present.
Note: for U.S. agricultural trade data before 1989, consult
Foreign Agricultural Trade of the United States.
Hunt Library bookBot - U.S. Documents A 93.17/7: (A
105.14: for July 1977-1981)
North Carolina Statistics and Data
- From the NASS Agricultural Statistics Data Base (Quick Stats).
- North Carolina Agricultural Statistics. Issued
by the North Carolina [Cooperative] Crop Reporting Service in
cooperation with the North Carolina Dept. of Agriculture, and
the United States Dept. of Agriculture. Frequency varies: one
or two issues per year.
Most recent print issue: D. H. Hill Ref Desk S1 .N58 2004; previous issues in D.H. Hill Library stacks S1 .N58
Current reports are available
online at http://www.ncagr.gov/stats/
- Census of Agriculture. North Carolina statistics. ("http://www.ncagr.gov/stats/census/census.htm")
- North Carolina
Fact Sheet (http://www.ers.usda.gov/StateFacts/NC.htm)
Includes population, farm, and commodity information.
Librarian Contact Information