Writing Resources Guide
Librarian: Anne Burke
About this Guide
This guide provides both print and online resources related to academic writing. These resources can help you with a variety of assignments and projects. All print resources listed in this guide are available in the NCSU Libraries. Please check the Libraries' Catalog to check the available status of a book.
This guide, though extensive, does not attempt to list every resource available in print or online. Instead it offers suggestions for the best resources available and good starting points.
What is Included:
The guide is divided into five main sections
- The Writing Process: Includes comprehensive resources related to academic writing and links to online writing centers.
- Common Types of Assignments: Includes resources related to the most common types of academic writing assignments.
- Resources by Discipline: Includes resources specific to the three major disciplinary areas: the sciences, the social sciences, and the humanities. The links and resources provided may apply either to the whole discipline or a specific subject area within the discipline.
- Documentation/Citation: Includes resources to different documentation styles, citation styles, and citation management software information. Resources are listed alphabetically by association, institution or type or resource being cited.
- Grammar, Style and Language: Includes resources related to grammar, style of writing, and English as a Second Language.
Librarian Contact Information
- Anne Burke, Undergraduate Instruction and Outreach Librarian
- (919) 513-7426