Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
I'm having trouble locating a book - it is not where it is supposed to be on the shelf. What can I do?
1. You may want to double check the following:
* Are you sure it is at this library? (DH Hill, Design, Vet Med, NRL, Textiles, AARR, and CED all share the library catalog).
* Are you in the right area of DH Hill? (current periodicals, learning commons, stacks, folio section, course reserves, etc.)
* Do you have the right call number and are you reading it correctly?
2. Request a book search. Library staff will look for the book and let you know when we find it. Placing a search on a book will NOT prevent someone else from checking it out. You may request a search in person at the Circulation Desk in D.H. Hill Library or at any branch library. More information can be found here.
3. Request the item via Tripsaver (letting them know that you couldn't locate the copy we're supposed to have. Note: this is not an option for textbooks.)
Did you find this answer helpful?