Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
I'm an Encore member. What services does the NCSU Libraries offer me?
Encore members can get a library card, check out books, use computers in the Libraries, and access online resources.
Encore members have two options for library cards:
- Obtain an AllCampus card from the West Dunn building. Bring your card to any library to open your library account with this card. The number on this card (usually starts with 000) will be your Borrower ID.
- You don't have to get an All Campus card. If you are a current Encore member, you can present a picture ID at any library and we will provide you with an "811 card." The number on this card (starts with 811) will be your Borrower ID.
Computers available for use by Encore members are located on the Ground Floor of D.H. Hill Library. To log in, please ask a staff member in the Learning Commons. From the Libraries' computers, you can access any of our online resources.
From off-campus, or on a non-library computer, you can access a limited amount of our online resources through the library website. When prompted to log in, choose the option of "NCSU Libraries Patron" and log in with your Borrower ID and PIN.
Encore members are not entitled to borrow laptops or other devices.
- What if Second Life will not run, or crashes, on library computers?
- Is Second Life available on library computers?
- Why does my login ID and password work on Macs in the Learning Commons and in the stacks, but not on PCs?
Did you find this answer helpful?
|If you need more help, please Ask Us.||[ Admin Login ]|