The Web API to the NCSU Scholarly Publications Repository (SPR) is designed to allow access to SPR citations and metadata in a machine readable format. By providing a documented interface to the citation repository the Web Service both facilitates data reuse and encourages contributions to the repository.
- Rusty Earl, Digital Library Initiatives.
- Steve Morris, Head, Digital Library Initiatives and Digital Projects.
The Web Service is a PHP application that returns responses in XML. The application provides business logic to assemble the tokenized citation elements into a format suitable for parsing and display on remote systems. The Web Service can also be used to create Custom Search Pages, which are dynamic custom landing page in the Sholarly Publications Repository. Custom Search Pages are useful particulary when a campus unit would like to create custom citation displays without hosting the client code locally.
- Scholarly Publications Repository Web Service Documentation
- Web Service-derived citation display
- Custom Search Page example
Last updated: October 26, 2009