These applications use the CatalogWS Web API to query the NCSU Libraries Catalog and display the returned data in a variety of formats.
- Tito Sierra, Digital Library Initiatives.
- Markus Wust, Digital Library Initiatives.
These applications are built on the locally developed CatalogWS platform. These applications serve a variety of functions including special purpose catalog interfaces and self-updating resource lists.
- New Books RSS — New titles for your catalog search via RSS
- Catalog Results QS Module — Integrated catalog results in Library Quick Search
- MobiLIB catalog — Search the catalog on your mobile device
- New Books Bookwall (eboard) — Book cover visualization of new library books
- New Faculty Books (web, eboard) — Books authored by NC State Faculty
- FacetBrowser — An advanced faceted browsing interface to the catalog
- Catalog Google Gadget — Search the catalog within your iGoogle page
- OpenSearch interface (xml) — Catalog results via OpenSearch
Reports and Presentations
Sierra, T., and Ryan, J. (2008). "CatalogWS: Library Catalog as Versatile Discovery Platform", CRADLE Brownbag Series, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, March 21, 2008.
Sierra, T., Ryan, J., and Wust, M. (2007). "Beyond OPAC 2.0: Library Catalog as Versatile Discovery Platform", The Code4Lib Journal, Issue 1.
Sierra, T., Lynema, E., and Wust, M. (2007). "Library Catalog as Versatile Discovery Platform", Digital Library Federation Fall Forum 2007, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, November 6, 2007.
Last updated: March 16, 2008