There are two ways to print from the GIS workstations - using Print Quota or WolfCopy. For each method, black/white prints cost $0.10, color prints cost $0.25.
Print Quota (NCSU faculty, staff, and students only):
This method saves your print job to a PDF file, which you then upload to print.ncsu.edu, and specify the printer to use.
- Go to File and Select Print.
- Specify the PrimoPDF printer.
- A dialogue will open for you to make several setting adjustments and specify a file path and name for the PDF. Click OK, and the PDF file of your print will be created.
- Open a web browser, and go to http://print.ncsu.edu and select Print A File.
- Navigate to the PDF file, and select D.H. Hill Library, Printer 1102-2 for the black & white printer nearest the GIS workstations or 1102 Color1 for the color printer in the Learning Commons.
This method allows printing directly to the black and white printer in the Ground Floor Reading Room. A WolfCopy card must be purchased or money added in the Print/Copy/Scan room off the main lobby of the 1st floor of D.H. Hill Library.
- Go to File and select Print.
- From printer options, select black-white.
- You will be asked to name your job. Name it something you'll remember.
- Go the Ground Floor Reading Room. The printer is located against the east wall.
- Insert your card into the WolfCopy reader.
- Select your print job.
- Click the "Log out" icon to get your card back.