Home: Business Guide
Sources by Topic
What it is:
- Web-based mapping tool that allows users to create interactive thematic maps based on geographies, demographic and market data.
What you can expect to find:
- Population and household demographic variables (short-term historical, estimates & projections).
- Market data (including life-stage clusters, consumption and expenditures for various product and service categories).
- Business counts by NAICS
- Limited business data (points of interest).
- Data available at various geographies : national, state, city, county, zip-code, block groups.
Some useful things you can do:
- Geo-demographic, market analysis.
- Custom tabular reports.
- Export data, images, tables, and shapefiles.
- Share saved workspaces with other users with access to SimplyMap.
Limitations or Special Instructions:
- "Create Personal Workspace" so that you can save your work and return to it at a later time.
- Census data
- D & B's Points of Interest
- MRI's Survey of the American Consumer data
Tutorials & Guides:
Librarian Contact Information
- Jennifer Garrett, Research Librarian for Management, Education and Social Sciences