Creating more great learning spaces
- The move addresses severe overcrowding on library shelves.
- It frees up space at D. H. Hill for more library study seating.
- It allows us to provide more great learning and collaborative spaces in both D. H. Hill and Hunt.
Keeping collections on campus and readily available
- The move places library materials in the locations on campus where the most users need them.
- While many university libraries are moving collections off campus, we are using new technologies to keep our books on campus and closest to where they are used.
Using innovative technology to enhance services
- Search the Libraries' online catalog from anywhere and have items delivered for pickup to the library location of your choice.
- Because the bookBot takes only 1/9 the space of traditional shelving, we can create more space to address a long-standing deficit in library study seating.
- The Virtual Browse system will offer an online bookshelf of all items that would normally be shelved together.
- Because Virtual Browse shows everything in the collection, users will never miss the opportunity to know about an e-book or a book that has been checked out or temporarily taken off the shelf.
- Explore at a glance similar materials that your search may not have found.